Hey, i guess i am the only international student in this class and i would like to say it's a pleasure meeting all of you. My full name is Lim Jia Yang, i guess most people here would find it hard to pronounce my name so you all can call me Jia. I'm currently 20 years old and i am from Malaysia.
It is somewhere in Asia and if you know where Singapore is, my country is just right above it. If any of you would want to travel around Asia, i recommend that you stop by Malaysia because it consist of various culture and the food there is awesome! Malaysia is located in the tropical region therefore it is not dry at all. Furthermore, with the US currency ratio is 1: 3.43 Malaysian currency, shopaholics could enjoy their stay there! But the only problem is that flying over to Malaysia would be at least a day or so. I play basketball and a bit of football too ( Although i suck at it but i just like playing it). I really enjoy watching movies and with so many movies due to come out this year! i just can't wait to get my eyes on all the movies that i have been waiting for so long.
Firstly, i don't know if most of you watch soccer but i am a huge fan of soccer. If you noticed the pictures i post up on the blog, you can see from there i support this football team called Liverpoolfc which is located in England. Well yeah, this year they have been playing below level and watching their matches could actually destroy your whole week, but i really enjoy the passion shared among fans in the club and the drama that Liverpoolfc gives. I think it would be similar to the Arizona wildcats football team, therefore i am also eager for the season to start so i could experience the atmosphere in the stadium, the passion about the people towards the team and also learning about the game football. So if anyone could teach me or explain how the game is played it would be awesome! Last but not least also if there are cheerleaders! (I HOPE)
I am majoring in Pre - Business although i am not really sure which field i would want to enter in. but i least i would have one semester to figure it out. I do enjoy subjects like Mathematics and also chemistry. Although i have just been here a while, i've begin to get used to the weather here, the place, and the people. People here are most friendly that i would have imagine and it's a great feeling to be around you people. Nonetheless, i am looking forward to being with all of you for the whole semester and working with the one and only Mr, James Wermers. Have a great semester!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Malaysia sounds so interesting and just reading your blog makes me want to now go visit there; especially the shopping aspect due to the change in currency! I have really enjoyed my time at the University of Arizona thus far also. I have the Zona Zoo pass for sports, so that has been a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed the football season!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that Malaysia sounds awesome. I wonder why you decided to come to Arizona. I am happy to see there are fellow math lovers in this class. It is never fun to get crazy looks when you announce your major is Mathematics. I also enjoy watching soccer and movies and totally agree that so many good movies are going to come out this year.
ReplyDeleteUh huh, well, malaysia's not really that awesome. I mean if you include politics and some other stuff. But yeah! the food is. And we have this thing or restaurant we call mamak. Which opens 24 hours, well, i don't really know how to put in words what food they cook, but it's quite nice depending on how you think of the different kinds of food. Us malaysian's especially teenagers have developed a habit taking supper almost every day! therefore this so called "mamak" come in super handy!
ReplyDeleteElise: uh huh, you will totally enjoy the shopping there due to the change in currency. You can also can go on luxurious vacations or well, islands because it will be also relatively cheap to you all. I've just been here in January this year and i hope i'll have a great time here too! although i haven't been to anywhere but i am sure that i'll enjoy the football season in AZ :).
Megan: Well, i come here to meet awesome people like yourselves! lol. and well, it's the states :), back in malaysia we watch series, or movies or anything else, we usually watch places in the states, therefore that too implants in the mind like, all the awesome places shown in tv about the states, it's something i have to experience myself! so here i am :)
I really admire that you weren't afraid to move so far from home! I would love to be able to study abroad at some point and your story is pretty inspiring. I also like math and science and I am pretty confident that we are two in a very small group of people that enjoy those subjects.
ReplyDeleteI tend to be a shopaholic so i'm sure i would enjoy visiting! Also, i am a huge soccer fan myself.... but to be honest i support Manchester United!! When did you move to the US? And yes of course there are cheerleaders at Arizona football games!
ReplyDeleteJia, sorry man but West Ham United is going to beat Liverpool. GO HAMMERS! Hope you are enjoying your semester and Arizona. Hope your week is going well.
ReplyDelete-Ben
Lindsay: lol, almost anyone in Malaysia if given the opportunity coming to the states will take it! most of us back there cannot wait to study abroad. well, thats the way it is back in my country. lol.
ReplyDeleteOlivia: why? why man utd?! why can't you just support some other team! :(, when did you start follow soccer anyway ?! i moved here just on January this year! so i'm still pretty lost. lol. really?! awesome, i'm gonna be for the football games then :)
Ben: Wth. hahaha, i didn't know you support Westham, rare choice though. anyway thanks dude. Have an awesome week yourself.