Saturday, January 30, 2010

Journal 2

I was thinking for of what topic should i choose for my 2nd journal and eventually nothing comes into mind. Then my dorm mate turned on the tv and there it was, the trailer of what is going to be broadcast on tv in a week time or so, and i thought, why not just write about it because in my opinion it was one of the most hilarious movies of all time! though i have watch it last year, but i could still remember it clearly.

The movie that i am about to talk about is Hangover. I am not sure whether you have seen it but if you haven't, i recommend that you go watch it. It's just awesomely funny. This movie was released on 5th June 2009, It is about A Las Vegas-set comedy centered around three groomsmen who lose their about-to-be-wed buddy during their drunken misadventures, then must retrace their steps in order to find him. The movie tells a story where 4 people that went to Las Vegas for a bachelors party but totally went wrong.The Hangover wisely studies the day after rather than the day itself; this is funnier because the plot works backwards, without tacky flashbacks, and much of the evening in question is left to our imagination. The is a movie of 2 days where the time was between going to Vegas and getting back for the marriage. This movie is totally random, and it's something that the audience would not have expect. 4 of them were in the roof of the hotel making a toast to a night when next day 3 of them woke up in the room, with the place trashed, one of them missing a tooth, a tiger in the bathroom, and a baby in the closet and one of them missing. The genre of the movie would be adventure and comedy, where it gives us hilarious moments upon words they would say achieves a rare balance of character and vulgarity. The audience drawn in to this movie would be comedy lovers, audience around the age of 18 and higher i suppose? and if by watching the trailer, maybe curiosity because you would want to know what the heck happen to them. I people tend to enjoy other peoples misfortune that why we will find this movie even funnier, i mean, if one of us would be in that situation, it would be quite unbearable,if it happened to be i would just want it to end asap but now we are looking in a different perspective where it is someone else or in this case the movie. well maybe that is how it works =/. Nonetheless, i still think that those of you who haven't watch it should see it. Like i said, its just random awesomely hilarious :)

4 comments:

  1. That should be easy to write about since there is nothing boring about that movie! Good choice! I love that movie and I think it will be fun for you to have to think about other views while you watch it. You might even pick up on jokes in the movie you didn't catch before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I as well love that movie! It was hilarious! It is amazing how well you write! I enjoyed how you also added in the genre and audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, the Hangover is definitely an instant classic! I can honestly admit though that the first time I watched it I was fairly dissappointed. But I gave it a second chance and after viewing it a second time my opinion whole-heartedly changed. Although, I still think that Alan was a waste of a character... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So since I had seen the Hangover many many many times before, the other night when my friends decided to watch it, I decided I would just chill and finish some sudoku (I got a big book of them for my birthday, don't judge), and all I really paid attention to in the movie was the soundtrack. An awesome soundtrack at that. I will recommend sudoku and the Hangover soundtrack anytime.

    ReplyDelete